Transmission Problems? Here are some signs that your BMW’s transmission may need service or repair:
- Your check engine light or check transmission light turns on. Although you feel it is not a big deal at this point, you need to get the car in for an inspection because if left untouched, it will eventually affect performance and can indicate a serious transmission problem or fault.
- Transmission Fluid leak on the ground. Check your garage or driveway to see if there’s fluid there. If so, then it is most likely lowering the transmission fluid levels. A transmission fluid leak can lead to transmission failure and cause shifting problems.
- Drivability and performance concerns, such as:
- The car hesitates when you accelerate
- Slipping – when you press on the gas pedal and the engine revs but you aren’t moving forward
- The car is shifting gears earlier or later than it is supposed to
- You floor it and it doesn’t change into the next gear
- You hear a strange noise when accelerating
If you notice any of the problems above, come in for an inspection or call us. Transmission problems are time-sensitive and should be handled immediately.